Monday 22 April 2013

Sharpeville Campaign - Turn 19

7:00am - August 2nd - day two of the campaign . . . . .

The night turn is complete and this is the situation at dawn from the Confederate perspective. The last few turns have been spent inching around the Union northern flank trying to look for, or create, a situation where it might be favourable to engage. So many command points have been used up by movement and scouting that Anderson's division is still not restored to battle worthiness, and I have held it back.

I don't know for certain but I suspect that during the previous evening Ian finally became aware of the extent of my manoeuvre and I may have missed my chance. As the Union army is moving around far less due to it's interior lines, it has probably been able to allocate more command points to scouting and keep fairly accurate tabs on what the Rebs are doing. So Lee now faces a substantial enemy line arrayed north of Sharpeville. He could continue to slip westwards, go for a frontal assault at an advantageous spot, or pin Pope down while Longstreet tries to turn his eastern flank - answers on a postcard please !

No comments:

Post a Comment