Sunday 10 March 2013

Sharpeville Campaign : Turn 4

Jackson's infamous 'foot cavalry' race ahead of Longstreet - a masterstroke or a blunder ?

Two hours and four turns into the day - 8:30 am. I have been literally trying to 'steal a march' on Pope by allocating a lot of command points to the movement of Jackson's Corps in order to get part of my force further north than the enemy might reasonably expect in the time. This is a bit risky as Jackson is now seriously isolated, but as far as I know he remains undetected !
 
The downside of my command point choices is that Longstreet's Corps is making poor progress, and Stuart's brigades have done almost no scouting at all. Patrolling out of Fairfax, rebel troopers have found no sign of the enemy in the area around the Shriver House, but that's it for intelligence reports so far.
 
Next turn - assuming I am not surprised somewhere by hordes of Yankees ! - I must exercise more caution, drawing the two parts of the army closer together and doing some proper scouting to find out exactly where Pope is located.

No comments:

Post a Comment